Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 61, March 5

Yesterday I wrote of how many of us are children in our stumbling efforts to come to know the Father. What I neglected to say is that being like a child can be a good thing.

I've related in earlier posts that I play the piano for our church's primary organization. It is a job I love. I love seeing the sweet faces of the children as they sing of their love for Jesus with their pure, high voices.

I envy their absolute faith in Him. They don't spend time questioning if they are good enough to deserve His love. They simply accept it for what it is, a marvelous gift of which none of us will ever be truly deserving.

One of my favorite primary songs is entitled "If The Savior Stood Beside Me." I believe that children are far more attuned to the Savior's presence than are most adults.

This I know for sure: children have much to teach us of our Savior's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment