Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 71, March 15

I had a disappointment lately. One of those big ones that you don't know if you're going to survive. Of course I did, survive that is. But I railed and gnashed my teeth against fate, the universe, and anyone unfortunate enough to be in yelling distance.

My husband, wise and patient, reminded me that I am not in charge of the universe ... or anything else. "Turn it over to the one with the power," he told me. He referred to the Savior, of course. For Who else has power, to do anything?

Turning things over to someone else, even my constant friend, the Savior, is difficult for me. I want to believe (or at least to pretend) that I can take care of things. The truth is, I can't take care of very much at all, especially lately. And so I must humble myself, go to the Lord, and say, "Please, Lord, I surrender this into Thy hands. My hands are weak and frail and cannot do it. I'll try to give back the power I so foolishly attempted to take."

This I know for sure: if I want to progress, in anything, anything at all, I must go to the Source of power and not trust in my own feeble understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment