Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 77, March 21

Yesterday I wrote about the colors in God's creations. One of my favorite Primary songs, "My Heavenly Father Loves Me, uses that as its theme:

"Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose,
Or walk by our lilac tree,
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heavenly Father created for me."

The second verse continues the theme, building on the gifts the Father has given to us all:

"He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sounds of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart;
I thank Him reverently
For all his creations of which I'm a part,
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me."

How could I have neglected "flip side" of the coin in the Father's creations by failing to recognize the ability to see the beauty, to hear the magic, to feel the love? It took another author, Clara M. McMaster, to remind me of the wonder of this world and our part in it by appreciating it.

This I know for sure: our world could have been created only by a Master.

1 comment:

  1. "All things denote there is a God," except our own mouths sometimes. Even in the act of rebellion, we are exercising the agency that was divinely appointed to us, thereby tacitly testifying of the God that some would deny.

    ReplyDelete